Sunlight is present in abundance and forms a renewable and inexhaustible energy source. It is becoming a trend these days to install solar panels all over and harvest solar energy. While the setup requires high investment, the results are inexplicable.
Last update on 2023-08-01 / Affiliate links / Images from Amazon Product Advertising API
You cannot control the amount of sunlight falling on the panel, but you can certainly control the amount of charge entering your battery bank. Another thing worth noticing is that the reverse can also occur. If not taken care of, your battery bank’s charge can get back to the panel, draining the former.
This is where solar charge controllers make their debut. These monitor the amount of charge entering your battery bank and leaving it. To know more and find a suitable deal, refer to the section below. Down there, we have presented you with the top 10 charge controller solar devices.
Best Solar Charge Controller
Listed below are some of the best solar charge controllers. These have been carefully crafted and chosen, considering your needs. So, devote some time and pick out the appropriate one to buy yourself a lifetime service.
This efficient controller for solar panels features a simple, easy-to-use design. The significant advantage of using it is that it can be used off-grid. It offers ease of installation and makes your life much more comfortable. Renogy manufactures equipment with compact dimensions that make them easy to store and carry.
This controller can self-diagnose its faults and rectify them. If you have made minor mistakes during installation, you need not worry about any possible damage. Thanks to this device’s exclusive features, it can protect itself without giving you a headache.
- These charge controllers have a system optimization of 12V/24V Voltage rating.
- To increase the life of your battery, this equipment uses PWM charging. This also enhances the system’s performance.
- An LCD feature helps you get information about the details of your battery.
- It has a negative grounding type and can withstand a maximum of 10 Amperes of charge.
- This self-efficient charge controller protects itself from overcharging, short circuits, and current flow in the reverse direction.
- It works on solar power that hits the solar panel and then comes to this device.
- It has USB ports of 5 volts and 2 amperes that help charge other devices.
The next product on the list is Binen. This device works only for lead-acid batteries and nothing else. With an LCD, this product rules over many hearts. This is one of the most acceptable solar devices that help regulate the charge supply and give you the desired results.
It is certified by UL 1741 and has a voltage rating of 12V/24V. It manages the solar panel and the charge in the battery on its own. You just need to sit back and relax while this device does its work. You can use it for charging your smartphones and many other devices.
- This is a current limitation of only 20 Amperes, after which it may start heating up.
- It has two USB ports, each having a maximum power of 5V/2.5A.
- It offers protection from short-circuiting and reverses current flow.
- This has a PWM charging facility that enhances the battery’s lifespan and aids it in working efficiently.
- It turns off automatically as the battery starts draining and reaches a level of 8 Volts. This is its unique feature.
- It is effortless to operate, and installing is effortless.
The excellent mppt charge controller reviews fall under this heading. Manufactured by Victron Energy, this RV solar controller weighs only 2.82 pounds. This is the top-selling mmpt controller to date.
With its exclusive features and highly efficient solar charge controlling ability, Victron Energy’s range of controllers doesn’t let you feel the need to search for other brands. If you get hold of this device, you can live your life with ease and comfort. Even if the electricity is outages for hours, you have this backup to help you in emergencies.
- This device can be controlled through Bluetooth. A dedicated application known as Victron Connect lets you control and monitor it wherever you are.
- Though the initial investment is a costly affair the benefits and ease provided are unbeatable.
- This mppt solar charge controller offers maximum power when connected to a 100V/30 A power source.
Here comes the most awaited mppt charge controller review. This is the best MPPT charge controller and is a life changer. This is equipped with a negative grounding facility. It can manage multiple solar panels’ wiring, making it easier for you to control the charge from various sources. This is 99.5% more efficient than other controllers due to the 40 Amp mppt controller.
- This works with all types of batteries, be it lead-acid batteries or any other.
- This charge controller has an input of a maximum of 150 V that aids in multiple panel connections.
- To fulfill the requirements of various communication devices, it has a communication interface of RS-485.
- Temperature sensors and PC monitors are attached for effective usage.
- The maximum voltage rating of the battery system should be 12 V so that this controller can work.
Its significant advantage lies in its waterproofing. This feature alone sets the entire device apart from the other ones. It is compatible with four different batteries, which include lithium as well. This is the perfect solar equipment that you can invest in.
- It has a lightweight design and weighs only 0.55 pounds.
- It has an auto-recognition feature, and the battery compatibility range is 12V/24V.
- PWM charge controller is incorporated in the design that helps enhance battery life.
- The waterproof design features a backlit LCD screen that keeps your updates and indicates error codes.
- It offers multiple protection against damage to the battery, solar panel, and controller.
If you are searching for solar charge controller variants, here is an opportunity waiting for you. This deep cycle batteries’ compatible device features a maximum power point tracking system. This is a positive ground controller and is preferred by many buyers. Renogy holds RCM, ROHS, and CE certifications, which means they are entirely verified and safe to use.
- This device has automatic detection ability. It can detect 12V/24V on its own, and you don’t have to be bothered.
- This protects against any possible damage to batteries, short-circuit, overheating, etc.
- It can diagnose any error or problem.
- Bluetooth that is built in it allows it to get connected to a smartphone through an application.
- It has an advanced display screen with LED indicators and aluminum heat dissipators.
- It can also be used with lithium batteries.
- The reverse flow of charge is prevented so that the battery doesn’t get drained.
This is one of the best charge controller mppt variants. This tracking system, it benefits you a lot in case of emergencies or everyday use. If you believe in sustainable living, this is the perfect choice for you. Nothing can match the Sun’s power, and keeping this essence in mind, SmartSolar has designed this product.
Whether it be the casual smartphone charging or lighting up the entire house, this device gets you all covered. You don’t have to pay monthly bills and rely on the grid for power. Once you purchase this essential device, you can have a sound sleep.
- This mppt controller weighs only 3.23 pounds and comes with a warranty.
- It has built-in Bluetooth that connects this solar charge controller to your device via an application.
- You won’t experience any voltage fluctuation while using it.
- You can easily control and monitor your controllers through your phone.
- It is compatible with a source offering 100V/50A.
With an upgraded Maximum Power Point Tracking system, this device can be manually controlled. It has a wide voltage range and comes with an LCD screen that informs you about everything. It has an excellent rate of 99.5% and doesn’t waste your investment. It also has a temperature sensor that helps cool down the device as soon as it starts heating up. It identifies 12V/24V system voltage automatically and has battery types that can be programmed by you. Investing in this product is very worthwhile for the benefits you attain from this single piece.
- It has a negative grounding. Due to the multiple panels attached, the energy is maximized, and your devices are charged faster.
- It prevents reverse charge flow, overcharging, and many other things that may damage your equipment.
- It has a current charger of 40 A that boosts the battery life and enhances its performance.
- Temperature sensors are included to balance the heat level.
- It works with all types of batteries.
- Die-cast aluminum is incorporated which helps in heat dissipation.
This device has the highest charging capacity out of them all. If you want to opt for an affordable controller that can charge multiple devices, you should rely on this variant by ZHCSolar. This features intelligent protection technology that protects your device against short circuits, reverse flow of charge, overcharging, and many more malfunctioning.
It comes with a warranty period of two years and a supporting family that stays for a lifetime. If you find anything wrong with your device, you can contact customer service which rectifies your issues in 8 hours. With this black colored charge regulator, you can buy yourself longer years of service.
- This is a highly powered charge regulator that has a charging current of 8 A.
- The system voltage of 12V/24V can be automatically identified by this equipment.
- The USB port offers a battery voltage of a maximum of 5V.
- The shell is made of ABS plastic which is highly durable and tough.
- Aluminum alloys of top-notch quality are used for dissipating the heat generated.
- 12V/24V DC is the standard auto-working voltage.
- It can endure power inputs up to 1920 watts and still work efficiently.
This product has an Mppt system that is supported by lithium and lead-acid batteries only. With a design of negative grounding, this device has many terminals, buttons, and an LCD that offers you multiple attachments and charging ports. It works very efficiently and is the perfect choice for many of you who want to own one but couldn’t. Hence, without wasting any time, check out the features below and buy them as soon as possible.
- This device is compatible with a Lithium (LiFePO4) battery charging system with a voltage range of 12V/24V.
- Its tracking efficiency is as high as 99%.
- It features multiple load controls and can be manually controlled.
- The LCD is an added advantage that helps you monitor the activities.
- It has the perfect pulse width modulation and works well.
- The design includes die-cast aluminum that helps cool down the equipment when the heat is generated.
- You get four battery options, which include sealed, flooded, Gel, and USER.
Buying Guide For The Perfect Solar Charge Controller
To invest in the perfect solar charge controllers, you need to focus on some key aspects. This buying guide will help you along the journey of buying suitable charge controllers.
These devices come mainly in two models: MPPT and PWM. The mppt model is an advanced version and is considered the best of all. This allows you to use it for any device. Thanks to its tracking system, the risk of damage are considerably reduced, and all your devices are protected.
PWM is an older version but has its benefits. This model can be used to power small devices like a lantern or a bulb. Using them for more massive systems can cause damage and multiple issues.
Every device comes with a standard battery voltage range falling between 12V to 48V. This depends entirely on your needs. If you want to power small equipment, you can opt for devices with battery voltage up to 12V or below. For bulky devices or lighting up the entire house, you should always look for the ones that have high battery voltage.
Voltage plays a significant role in powering any device. Hence you should not overlook the battery voltage range that your device offers. Be it low or high voltage, it matters!
The size and variety of devices that can be powered by your solar device are limited by its current output. The power supply is connected to your gadget at the battery house. You run the risk of malfunctioning your battery house if you charge an incompatible gadget with it.
This is why the output at the moment is crucial. Panels in the 20-30 A range can power handheld electronics, whereas panels in the 80 A range and upwards can power a wide range of major appliances simultaneously. Find a charger that works with your instrument by using this!
Solar charge controllers are handy in today’s era. While natural resources are depleting faster, the sun is the constant source that will energize us forever. To use this, energy is a smarter choice. To help you harvest the Sun’s energy and bring it to use, we have mentioned all the top-rated solar equipment.
To save your precious time, energy, and money, check out the options elaborated above and find yourself a worthy match. After you have found a desirable one, check if it suits you, and after complete verification, make an eligible purchase.