Solar energy is paving its way to new horizons and moving on powering every arena of our life. With this, you may witness its use in solar chargers for fences. But why do you require a solar charger for an electric fence?
Last update on 2023-09-28 / Affiliate links / Images from Amazon Product Advertising API
To keep the domestic animals in your pastures, a solar-powered electric fence is needed. When touched, it will give a little but an immediate damage blow that would further keep the livestock contained in the fence.
Furthermore, a powered electric fence is also necessary to keep small animals and large animals like foxes, pigs, and wild dogs away from your property or grazing land. A solar-powered electric fence charger is required so that the fence does not run out of power.
Now that you have known about all the benefits of using a solar fence charger, it is essential to know about the top chargers that are ruling the market in 2023.
Top 8 Best Solar Fence Chargers
Listed below are the top solar fence chargers that will meet your expectations and not run out of life for a more extended period.
Parmak DF-SP-LI fence charger is considered one of the perfect solar fence chargers. Coming with a 6-volt battery, it has a low-level impedance that powers up to a range of 25 miles. This product is very much suited for both small-sized and medium-sized pasturage.
- This Parmak DF-SP-LI has a pre-built performance meter that shows up the state of the entire system all the time.
- With total resistance to water, it is considered the finest for outdoor use.
- It is one of the best solar electric fence chargers for animals like dear, cattle, horses, dogs, sheep, bears, and pigs.
- Parmak solar fence chargers have a warranty of three years. Parmak is a trusted brand and can be the right choice for the amazing factors it holds.
- This product is manufactured in the United States of America under an American brand with a strong position in the market.
Gallagher solar fence charger is considered the favorite fence charger, which boosts up to 3 miles with very low-level impedance. This solar fence charger is a unique battery-saving machine that can last up to 2 weeks to 3 weeks. It is effortless to install and can easily be transported anywhere because of its lightweight.
- The Gallagher S10 is considered the electric fence charger for rural areas that have no access to electricity. This solar charger boosts up to 3 miles or 15 acres.
- This charger is easy to put anywhere because of its lightweight and allows easy installation. The charger comes with a pre-built solar panel for an electric fence and with a 6-volt battery.
- This solar charger is resistant to any weather type and flows continuous power to the entire fence system for up to three weeks.
- The Gallagher fence charger is resistant to water that comes with pre-built lightning protection.
- It is considered one of the great solar fence chargers that come with a 3-year warranty, and the S10 charger is a trusted label
Zareba ESP1OM-Z electric fence solar charger is a low-level impedance fence charger that powers up to the range of 10 miles and has an output of 0.15 joules. Zareba ESP1OM-Z offense charger works for up to two weeks once recharged.
- A Zareba ESP1OM-Z solar fence charger is considered to be the most powerful solar fence charger as people can use it in remote areas very well as it powers up to a range of 10 miles.
- This fence charger is required to be used with poly wire with no weeds, aluminum wire, poly tape, and steel wire.
- Being an excellent solar charger, it is suitable for animals like cattle, sheep, goats, pigs, and horses.
- These fence chargers have quick and easy installation and are very challenging while arranging it on a fence, y-post, and t-post.
- Zareba ESP1OM-Z fence chargers are manufactured in the United States of America under an American brand that comes with a pre-built solar panel for an electric fence and has a warranty of one year.
Patriot is a self-made brand that manufactures a fence charger with 12 volts that can be used in both medium-sized and large size pasture land. Thus, the Patriot p55 is a unique battery-saving charger that can be used for up to two weeks without any hassle.
- This Patriot p55 has quick installation and is very easy to install while placing it on the fence or high walls.
- The Patriot p55 solar fence charger is resistant to any weather type, and it is easy to put anywhere because of its lightweight. The charger comes with a pre-built solar panel and with a 12-volt battery.
- These solar fence chargers should be used with poly wire, poly tape, aluminum wire, and steel wire.
- It is best suitable for small animals like rabbits, dogs, and pigs.
- These are manufactured under patriot manufacturers and have a warranty of one year with a full replacement.
Zareba ESP30M-Z close current of up to 30 miles and has a low-level impedance that leads to less drainage of the battery. This machine can run straight up to 2 weeks without the Sun or solar energy and comes with a pre-built solar panel. This Zareba ESP30M-Z electric fence charger is one with good features.
- Zareba ESP30M-Z solar fence chargers are considered one of the great machines as they can be installed and used very well in rural areas that have no access to electricity. It runs straight up to 30 miles.
- The machine is used to control domestic animals and livestock, horses, sheep, goats, dogs, pigs, deer, rabbits, etc.
- Zareba ESP30M-Z must be used with aluminum/steel, poly rope, poly wire, and poly tape.
- It runs up to straight two weeks without the Sun or solar energy and has easy to install with easy-grip terminals.
- The machine comes with a form-built cabinet all around the circuitry to safeguard it from extreme weather conditions so that no one can try to damage it.
- This solar fencer is manufactured in the United States of America under an American brand with years of knowledge and experience in solar-powered electric fencer marketing.
- It has a warranty of 2 years.
The Fi-shock ESP10M-FS-10 solar fence chargers power to a distance of 10 miles. It can run up to two straight weeks without Solar Energy. Manufactured in the United States of America, this product comes with low impedance and a 1-year warranty. It means there is less battery drainage, and it efficiently delivers 7500 Volts with 0.4 joules output.
- This solar electric fence charger is required to be used with poly wire, poly tape poly rope, or aluminum wire.
- Its use is common in rural or remote areas with no access to electricity or AC power.
- The machine is relatively easy to install owing to its lightweight and requires very low maintenance. It can be easily arranged on fences and high walls, Y-posts, buildings, flats, T-posts, and round posts.
- The machine has a lower level impedance, which leads to less drainage of the battery.
- The Fi-shock ESP10M-FS-10 solar electric fence chargers are mainly used to avoid animals from running away or in any danger. Different types of domestic animals like cattle, bunnies, chickens, etc. are kept inside the fence, whereas other wild animals, namely, bulls, horses, foxes, etc. are usually kept outside the fence.
- This product delivers about 0.33 joules of output at 7,500 volts.
Zareba ESP2M-Z electric solar charger is the low-level impedance fence charger that powers up to the range of 2 miles and has an output of 0.4 joules. Coming with a 1-year warranty, this solar fence charger works up to two weeks once recharged.
- These solar fence chargers power up to 2 miles and are generally used in rural or remote areas.
- It is thus, taken as an excellent fence charger that takes very low maintenance and is quite budget-friendly.
- This Zareba ESP2M-Z fence charger must be used with poly wire with no weeds, aluminum wire, poly tape, and steel wire.
- Zareba ESP2M-Z solar charger is suitable for different animals, such as cattle, sheep, goats, pigs, and horses.
- Owing to its fast and easy installation, it can be used in both medium-sized and large-sized pasturage.
- This solar fencer is very hard to arrange on the fence, be it, y-post or t-post.
- These Zareba ESP2M-Z fence chargers are developed in the United States of America under an American brand with a pre-built solar panel for an electric fence.
A Fi-shock ESP2M-FS-2 solar fence charger provides power up to 2 miles. It can run up to two weeks with no Sun. Further, it has a low impedance, which leads to less drainage of the battery. This machine has a year of warranty. Moreover, this charger delivers 0.4 joules output and 80,000 volts and is manufactured in the United States of America.
- Fi-shock ESP2M-FS-2 solar fence charge is used to give power to rural or remote areas that have very little or no access to electricity or AC power.
- You must use Fi-shock ESP2M-FS-2 with poly wire, poly tape, poly rope, or aluminum wire.
- The machine is easy to install and easy to put anywhere because of its lightweight.
- The Fi-shock fence chargers are used to keep chickens, cattle, bunnies in the fence and wild animals like horses, bulls, and foxes out of the fence. It delivers 0.4 joules output and 80000 volts.
- The machine requires very low maintenance.
- This charger is manufactured in the United States of America under an American brand, which has ample experience in this domain.
Complete Buying Guide: How do you choose the right solar fence charger?
Each solar electric fence charger is designed to provide power to the fence wires for a limited length. The very first thing you need to do while selecting an electric fence is that you need to notice the size of the cable. Going for a charger with low range capacity will result in low performance. To know the range capacity of the product, you should contact and confirm it with the manufacturer.
Type of animal and voltage
The type of animal is another factor that has to be kept in mind. You need to pay more focus to the kind of animal that you would like to contain into your fence. The voltage varies with respect to the measurement of the animal you are supposed to deal with. Big animals like Bulls, horses, or cattle may need 4500 to 5000 volts, and small animals like goats and sheep will need 2500 to 3000 volts.
Joule output is a unit used to measure the amount of output provided in the fence chargers. A Joule indicates the strength of the intensity of the shock that the animal will receive.
Fence wire use and weed conditions
Determine the voltage capacity of your fence based on the wire types it has. A fence wall can provide an open circuit voltage if the voltage is installed there. When no animal or plant life is touching the barrier, the voltage indicator lights up. Wires can lessen the voltage in the fence, depending on the circumstances and if poly or steel wires are used. Therefore, it is crucial that you are aware of the voltage.
Warranty is the most crucial factor that is not supposed to be missed out on while choosing the perfect solar electric fence charger for your grazing land. Most products offer a warranty ranging from 1 year to 3 years. It would help if you always used the charger with the most extended warranty by keeping the battery life and brand in your mind.
Some Last Words
The above-mentioned solar-powered electric fencers chargers are used to control or contain small animals in poultry and ignore the nuisance created by the large wild animals by keeping them away from the pastures. These chargers come with a high battery life, which is excellent for your fence system.
Most of these electric fence chargers also come with a pre-built solar panel, and their low-level impedance leads to less battery drainage. These are the most suited electric fence chargers for horses, foxes, and other wild animals. All the ten chargers mentioned here are readily available on Amazon.
Whenever you get confused while selecting the leading solar fence charger for yourself, you can always look up to the above electric fence charger reviews and features. It will surely aid in making the best purchase!